Emerson AIMS Worksheet
This worksheet is to help you apply Emerson AIMS … to your committee or other group. It is for you to keep. The Awaken, Involve, Motivate and Shine cycle encourages actions by YOU, with an end result of including others.
1. Name the committee or group for which you are making this sheet.
2. What objective would you like to achieve by using the AIMS cycle? Put it into a form like Emerson AIMS to Grow. (that is, use an active-verb)
3. Take the first part of the cycle: Awaken. Who do you want to awaken, and what realization or understanding do you want to awaken in them?
4. The second part of the cycle is Involve. How would you involve those awakened? Remember it is easier to get people to take small steps in your
5. Now that you have their interest, how will you Motivate them toward increased dedication to the goal?
6. In the fourth stage, we want to help people to Shine, to enjoy what they are doing so they are both self-motivated and an example for others. How does your group—and not just the newly motivated members—shine their light into the world? How can you use their shining beacon to awaken a new
round? This is the key to sustaining the process and finding a way to continue to the next cycle.
Download Worksheet - Emerson AIMS Worksheet